Ideal Group Camping and Outdoor Activities in the Scenic Rim
Camp Moogerah is perfectly located in the heart of the beautiful Scenic Rim, just over 1 hour from Brisbane and just under 2 hours from the Gold Coast, offering large group accommodation. Our extensive range of outdoor activities and facilities alongside spectcular scenery will make your next school camp a memorable one.
We offer flexible options for your next school camp. We can run a fully programmed camp with our qualified instructors, or you can facilitate some or all activities. Plus, we feature a fully equipped commercial kitchen with servery that can be used by your own catering staff or you can use ours.
Camp Moogerah is set on 20 picturesque acres on the scenic shores of Lake Moogerah, which means we have plenty of room for activities onsite to get students active. We have direct access to Lake Moogerah and our camp is close to popular bush walks.
We can accommodate up to 257 in just our bunk bed cabins. Each of our cabins has two separate rooms that open onto a veranda – one room contains two single beds (suitable for teachers who want to stay near the students), and the other room has eight bunk beds (sleeping 16 people). If you would like to see the layout of the cabins, please go to ‘Downloads’, and under Camp Information, you’ll find a PDF called “Cabin Layout" and "Camp Moogerah Map”. We do not supply linen, so please bring sleeping bags and pillows. Shared toilet/shower facilities are separate from the cabins. All bunk beds have mattresses, and all cabins are powered.
You can see our Sample Programs and the Price List in ‘Downloads’ for an idea of the overall costs for students and teachers.
- Air-conditioned Dining Hall with stage, projector and sound system
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen and servery
- Large shed is suitable for concerts, indoor sports, dancing, games, presentations or rainy day activities etc.
- Air-conditioned recreation/conference room includes table tennis, billiards table and large, and wall mounted tv with entertainment system.
- Basketball/tennis/volleyball/netball courts with lights
- Sports field with lights.
- Sports equipment
- Music Studio with recording facilities
- High Ropes Courses
- Low Ropes Course
- Indoor Rock Climbing wall
- Private boat ramp - direct access to the lake
- Lakeshore - perfect for a picnic and a swim or just enjoying the spectacular scenery.
- Close to national parks with popular bushwalks and spectacular mountain views.
- Onsite manager
Our qualified instructors facilitate the following Adventure activities:
- Ropes Courses
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Raft Building
- Team Building Games
Other activities available include Bushwalking, Lake Swimming, Night Wildlife walks, Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, Rugby, Camp Fire, and Movie Night.
Some ideas for teacher-supervised activities include Volleyball/Basketball, soccer, rugby, Sports Competition, Moogerah Dam Wall & bush walk, swimming in the lake, Orienteering, Mini Olympics, Big Screen Movie Night (your DVD or ours), Moogerah's Got Talent (or Not!), Water Slide, dance/disco, Crazy hair/costume night, Wildlife spotting and more.
Our emphasis is on safety, education, and team building, all combined with having fun and making lasting memories. Instructors at Camp Moogerah hold all appropriate qualifications and conduct activities following strict safety standards.
Camp Moogerah and the Australian Institute of Sport and Recreation (RTO 31690), a VETis PQS, can offer Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation to your school with no gap payment. Contact us for further information.