We offer flexible options for your next school camp. We can run a fully programmed camp with our own qualified instructors, or you can facilitate some or all activities.
Camp Moogerah is ideal for school camps and other youth camps offering group accommodation and an extensive range of outdoor activities and facilities. We provide group accommodation in bunk bed cabins with accommodation for up to 270 guests.
During your stay at Camp Moogerah, you can use our caterer or bring your own. We feature a fully equipped commercial kitchen with servery. Self Catering is permitted.
Camp Moogerah is an ideal location for students to enjoy the great outdoors!
Camp Moogerah is set in 20 picturesque acres on the scenic shores of Lake Moogerah, accommodating up to 270 in bunk bed cabins. There are lots of activities onsite to keep students occupied and we are close to popular bush walks. We are just over 1.5 hours south/west of Brisbane and are also 1.5 hours from the Gold Coast in the heart of the beautiful Scenic Rim.
With private, absolute water frontage, we have direct access to Lake Moogerah for Kayaking. All other activities are held on site, except the Moogerah Dam Wall & bush walk.
Though, catering costs still apply. You can see our Sample Programs and the Price List in ‘Downloads’ for an idea on the overall costs for students and teachers
Each of our cabins have 2 separate rooms that open on to a veranda – one room contains 2 single beds (suitable for teachers who want to stay near the students) and the other room has 8 bunk beds (sleeping, 16 people). If you would like to see the layout of the cabins, please go to ‘Downloads’ and under Camp Information, you’ll find a PDF called “Cabin Layout and Site Map”. We do not supply linen, so please bring sleeping bags and pillows. Shared toilet/shower facilities are separate from the cabins. All bunk beds have mattresses and all cabins are powered.
Camp Moogerah and the Australian Institute of Sport and Recreation (RTO 31690) a VETis PQS, can offer the Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation to your school with no gap payment. Contact us for further information.
- Air-conditioned Dining Hall with stage, projector and sound system
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen and servery
- Large shed suitable for activities such as concerts, indoor sports, dancing, games, presentations or rainy day activities etc.
- Air-conditioned recreation/conference room includes table tennis, billiards table and large, wall mounted tv with entertainment system.
- Basketball/tennis/volleyball/netball courts with lights
- Sports field with lights.
- Sports equipment
- Music Studio with recording facilities
- High Ropes Courses
- Low Ropes Course
- Indoor Rock Climbing wall
- Private boat ramp - direct access to lake
- Lake shore - perfect for a picnic and a swim or just enjoying the spectacular scenery.
- Close to national parks with popular bushwalks and spectacular mountain views.
- Onsite manager
Our qualified instructors facilitate the following Adventure activities:
- Ropes Courses
- Indoor Rock Climbing
Other activities available include Archery, Team Building Games, Orienteering, Raft Building, Bushwalking, Lake Swimming, Night Wildlife walks, Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, Rugby, Camp Fire, Movie Night.
Some ideas for teacher-supervised activities include: Volleyball/Basketball, soccer, rugby, Sports Competition, Moogerah Dam Wall & bush walk, swimming in the lake, Orienteering, Mini Olympics, Big Screen Movie Night (your DVD or ours), Moogerah's Got Talent (or Not!), Water Slide, dance/disco, Crazy hair/costume night, Wild life spotting and more.